The HR Support Center News Update
Natural Disaster Dialogue
Natural disasters create challenging HR issues and questions that add stress to employers and employees at the worst possible moments — when they need to be focusing on healing, recovery, and rebuilding.
At the HR Support Center, we want to make sure you have a place to turn for help with navigating these challenges, so your employees can get through the crisis.
To help alleviate some potential stress, we’ve put together the top five frequently asked HR questions and answers during an emergency:
- What is the standard for paying an employee after a natural disaster?
- Our business is temporarily closed due to inclement weather. We have some employees that offered to work from home until the business can reopen. Can we offer this?
- What job-protected leaves might apply to a natural disaster?
- Our company wants to set up a way for their coworkers to donate vacation time to an employee who was greatly affected by this natural disaster. Is this possible?
- When a business closes due to a natural disaster, is unemployment available to the employees?